Sunday, September 11, 2011

What happened?

Thinking about the anniversary today.  I can't believe it's been 10 years.  It was a traumatic day, we were glued to the TV all day.  I was on my way to work when I had a knock on the door from my neighbor.  We watched for awhile and then it was off to school for the kids and me to work.  The breakroom TV had someone at it all day.  Not much got done at work that day.  So many tears.  This anniversary has reminded me to get back to concentrating on the things that make me happy.  So, time to post more often.

Oh no, where did August disappear to?  I swear it was July just a few days ago.  I've been sewing scarves for the colder months to come.  It seems very strange, considering we've finally gotten some decent summer weather.  It's been a mild summer, with very few hot days.  Not much rain, so that was nice, but nothing to make you feel like summer ever got here.  This week we've had 90+ days.  Makes me happy!
 As I cut into sweaters for my projects, I always save the ribbing.  It's so pretty and neatly finished at the one edge, just couldn't bring myself to throw it out.  You may have noticed that I have a hard time throwing anything out.  Not that I'm a hoarder or anything... really I'm not, I just see potential usability in lots of things.  Anyway... I decided they looked like scarf makings.
 I ironed all the pieces as flat as possible and cut them into 6 inch pieces.  I was even crazy enough to sew the short pieces together to make other 6 inch pieces.  I put the 60 inch tape measure out on the floor, started with 2 matching ends and laid out a mish-mash of pieces til I liked the way it looked.  After zigzagging all of them together, they were still about 60 inches long.  Another ironing and it was done.
 This looks kind of boyish
and the other looks girlish.
With those last 2, I've made 11.  I don't have enough ribbing for any more.  One has sold and is off to a new home.  I love making fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment