Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Two Little Birds



I've taken so much time off from making any new items for my Etsy shop.  It's a love-hate relationship.  I love making things and listing them and when someone buys one of my items, it's a joyful feeling.  The things I've loved and listed and have gone unsold, make me sad.
That doesn't mean I want to stop making things.  I've sewn two other pillow covers very similar to these two and they sold.  There's enough of this sweater to make four more.  I started two more tonight.  There's something about the little blue birds that makes me smile.  Tomorrow, I need to find another black sweater to fill out the second pillow top and look for fabric for the backs.
In applique news, I cut out all the parts for the last 20 flowers for Rachel's quilt.  Hard to believe that I can hold all these pieces in the palm of my hand.  For reference, the largest piece is about 2" tall.  It'll take me the next week or two of evenings to sew them onto the quilt.  I feel like each flower is a tiny masterpiece.  Thank goodness for my Ott light.  I don't know how I ever did any handwork before I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment