I was halfway done when the machine suddenly stopped. It wouldn't move at all. Good thing it wasn't in the needle down position.
I started with the darkest sweater. It had lots of pattern and the fancy ribbing looked like it would be perfect for the outer border. If you look closely you can see the button holes.
This sweater was hard to work with, it had 2 layers and it was hard to catch both edges when sewing it together. I went back over a lot of the edges with a long, shallow zig-zag to fasten the layers to each other.
When I picked up the machine, the repairman said I wouldn't believe how much fiber he took out of it. I told him, I would. Ha!
I need to figure out how to open up the machine so I can periodically dig the fiber out for myself and oil it. My last machine was so easy to service myself.