I'm not keeping up with the quantity of blankets I had hoped to make. I thought I could make a new one each week. As much as I love making these, the selection process of the colors bogs me down.
This is the blanket I wanted to make, but before I cut out the star pieces, I really thought it was ugly.
I went ahead and added the solids and it made all the difference.
Looking back on this picture, I almost wish I'd put a black border on it. It's laid out on a blanket of the same pattern. Made it really easy to place the pieces.
The Inspector, hard at work.
This is my tried and true thread selection method. Get a bunch of colors out and start eliminating. Zigzag uses so much thread that I buy the big spools and have an empty spool that I put inside the cone to use it on a regular spindle.
The main pieces all together and needing a border.
The backside's as pretty as the front.