Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tiny Handwarmers


These are the tiny hands that were helping me sort through wool for my last blanket.  Olivia's 3 and was wrapping piece after piece around her hands talking about handwarmers.  It's not the right time of year, but she can keep them for fall.


The piece of pink ribbing seemed impossibly small for such a thing, but 3 year old hands are SO tiny, it was perfect.  A little green ribbing for the other end and we were getting there.


I made some tiny flowers and leaves from scraps destined for the scrap ball and stitched them in place.  Sewn into a tube with a thumb slot cut 3/4 inch down the side, they were done.


Here's my phone for size comparison.


They made her a happy girl!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Both the warmers and the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! So crazy-cute. What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. This is absolutely adorable. Those tiny little hands AND those hand warmers. What a special day Olivia must have had with you. This is truly an adorable post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, THAT is a cute idea! My writer teenager love to wear these...of course, her hands aren't as cute, small and sweet...

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete