Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break

Last week, I was lucky enough to have the whole week off with my girls for spring break.  This hasn't happened, ever.  My job involves working weekends and having 2 days off in the middle of the week.  This means that I almost never have days to spend with my kids.  We didn't plan any big vacation, just tried to squeeze in a few things we haven't done in awhile.  On Thursday, we drove from Portland to the coast and went to the Newport Bay Aquarium.  Our group was my youngest daughter, Camille, my oldest daughter, Rachel and her two daughters, Sienna and Olivia.  And me. :)
Rachel, Camille, Sienna and Olivia



Don't the Jelly Fish look like some kind of imaginary creature?

After the aquarium, we went down to the beach.  Sienna hadn't been since 1 1/2 years old, so she didn't remember it.  Olivia had never been.  They were both excited, but couldn't be convinced that it wasn't going to be sunny and hot.  Oregon beaches don't get much warmer in the summer, either.


We were lucky to get about an hour break from the rain.  Just about the time the little girls hands were getting too cold, we started back up the path and felt a few little drops of rain.  It poured the rest of the day.
 Aren't my girls beautiful?
Every picture Camille drew, they had to come over and start digging a stick into it.  She was drawing as fast as she could.  :)
After, we went to Mo's restaurant in Lincoln City for dinner.  They've been there for 56 years and are locally famous.  I'm not a big seafood fan, but I decided to try some of  their grilled salmon and I had the clam chowder to start.  The few times I've had clam chowder in my life, it was gross.  Overly salted, too thick and tasting like old dead fish.  Not a big surprise to a non-fish eater.  But, if they're famous for their chowder, I can try it.  It was great!  Why doesn't it all taste like that?  The salmon was great, too.
We got Dairy Queen cones as we headed home.  All in all, it was a very fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment