Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally Quilting!

I have been working so hard to finish this quilt.  I know I'll never undertake something this ambitious again.  I will make other quilts, I've just learned some lessons on this one.
The top finished, a backing pieced, batting purchased and a space cleared, (almost) big enough to lay them all out.
I pinned all the layers right to the carpet.  They could have been a little straighter, a second person would have been nice, to pull the layers tight.  I was trying to get a bunch of it done early in the morning, before little girls got up and wanted to walk all over it.
It didn't make much difference, I thought it'd take a couple of hours.  I started at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get done with the basting until 2:30 in the afternoon.  Wow, everything always takes much longer to do than I think it will in my head.
I started with outline quilting around all the basic shapes, bows, sashes, fans and now I'm 1/3 of the way done with the flowers and vines.
I'm giving myself plenty of time to design the more creative quilting.  When it's done, it'll be quilted on most every square inch.  How many square inches are in an 8 foot square?  Too many, I think.
I also made 6 more chocolate wool bunnies.  Here are 2 of them.  Time to get them listed, before the holiday gets too close.
My diet and exercise have fallen by the wayside.  I really am tired of the extra weight, just lazy.  I keep thinking, today's the day and then I don't follow through.  Maybe tomorrow's the day!




1 comment:

  1. let's be friends) you have an interesting blog

    ReplyDelete