Monday, January 17, 2011

The first day back

I made it through the doors of the gym 2 times so far this week.  It was daunting, just the thought of it.  It was much easier the second time.  It used to feel natural to get in the car to go to the gym.  I'm sure it'll be that way again.
I haven't been very good on my diet this week, feeling a little stressed out over the cold and feeling a little behind at work.  I wasn't horrible, but I'd better be good the rest of the week.
I had 4 days off, great, but nobody put in full days covering my spot while I was gone.  I have a lot of vacation, that'll happen if you stick around 14 years.  Sometimes it's a burden to find a way to use it up.  Getting time off, when there's no one to cover you, makes it hard.
Back to the gym after work again tomorrow, I hope it'll be empty because of the holiday.
We had a birthday party for my oldest daughter yesterday.  I can't believe she's 29, it seems like only a few years ago that she was little enough to give a piggy-back ride to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment